Tasting Room Staff
Are you passionate about wine and providing excellent customer service? Are you well organized, totally reliable, utterly professional, and have amazing attention to detail?
The Roost Wine Co. team is looking for seasonal, part-time retail sales associates to expand their tasting room team near Collingwood, Ontario. No winery experience is necessary but preference will be given to applicants with experience in sales, restaurants and/or customer service. Applicants will be required to work 1-3 days per week, normally within a Wednesday to Sunday opening schedule. The seasonal work period begins immediately and ends October 28, 2018.
Quick Summary of Responsibilities
- Welcome guests and provide a great atmosphere
- Conduct tastings in an open, enthusiastic manner
- Operate a POS and collect payments
- Answer customer’s questions regarding products, winemaking and the property in a knowledgeable way
- Stock shelves and arrange displays
- Keep the bar, patio, washrooms and retail area clean and tidy
- Basic food prep (cheese & cold meat plates) if needed
- Work closely with management and be comfortable sharing ideas and asking questions when in doubt
- Must be 18+ years old to serve alcohol in Ontario
- Ability to work weekends
- Possess your own transportation (there is no public transport)
- Outgoing, can-do, eager to learn attitude
- Comfortable dealing with clients face-to-face in an outgoing manner
- Able to lift 50lbs (case of wine)
- Must be Smart Serve Ontario certified, including the new retail sales module
- Passionate about wine and agro-tourism
- A good sense of humor is a must!
$14 per hour + gratuities + end-of-season bonus
Please email your resume and a covering letter / email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants chosen for an interview will be contacted.
June 4, 2018
April 23, 2018
April 3, 2018
December 1, 2017
October 19, 2017
October 1, 2017
September 14, 2017
August 24, 2017
August 18, 2017